Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers

Monday, July 6, 2009

Recall This

Don't you ever wish you could call up a company and tell them "I recall you!". Well I wanted to say a little more but the company, Simplicity, has actually stopped doing day to day operations and answering their phones.

On Friday morning, prior to assembling the boys birthday gift (a whole other post), I turn on the computer and there it is.....all Simplicity cribs have been recalled by the http://www.cpsc.gov/. I knew it was coming. All of their other cribs have been recalled so why should ours be any different. As parents you fear everytime you pull up this website and check it monthly to see what purchases you have made are now endangering your child. You feel mad, scared and want to scream at the company - how in the world could you produce such a product!

Well. Now to make the decision - what to do? My children are no where near transitioning to a toddler bed so, we are buying new cribs - actually already purchased and waiting for them to arrive. You can't just run the the store and buy a new one, most stores have limited stock and most of them are drop side cribs. Well, I'm not buying another one of those due to the fact it was the reason ours were recalled in the first place. So we wait..... There are no alternate sleeping arrangements with twins until these arrive so we pray that the new ones come quickly. So now what about the old ones?????

Purchased at Target! I pulled up the website, called customer relations and since this is a recalled item, I can return it, no receipt required. We will see about that but that is what the lady said. I got her name if I have any problems. Will let you know how it goes for those of you who may face this similar dilemma- lets hope it does not get ugly.

No comments: