We hope everyone had a great Easter and I hope SPRING is officially around the corner. This weird weather is about to make us go batty. Honestly, will it ever stop? Carter and Riley were a wee bit under the weather this Easter but we did visit family this weekend out of the house which was nice. Lockdown officially over = world here we come.
As far as the title you ask? Well, the sicklies turned horrible by Monday with the coughing, and coughing and runny noses (thanks to the fire outbreaks on Thursday of last week that filled the air with smoke and of course the additional pollen) which led to ever so lucky ear infections. We visited the pedi yesterday to confirm the awful news that I had already suspected. Riley double ear infection - was blessed with Omnicef, and some numbing ear drops. Carter a Single in the right ear - was also blessed with Omnicef and some Allegra. Carter seems to have many issues with drainage partly due to the eating overnight and wakes up every morning (yes every morning) throwing up phlegm. So we hope this will help control some of this drainage he is having.
Most moms look forward to waking up to a new day and greeting their children with love and kisses. Well, I do that then there is the screams from Riley that I have not released him from his crib cage and tending to the throw up baby - taking off all the tubing and wires, changing the diaper which is usually dirty and then changing his clothes that are wet from the throw up which are usually changed again in another 30 minutes with another diaper change. It takes a toll on his body to eat all night but to get the nutrition he needs at this point and due to his intolerance of larger volume during the day this is our only option at the time.
On a better note, Riley has new glasses. When we went to the optical place in March, they indicated that his were too small and he needed new ones. I was like do what???? He just starting wearing these and bending them in ways that should not be bent. Why in the world would I want to spend more on new ones when these are still good and in one piece? Well the good went from bad to worse within a month. The week after we had them adjusted, he broke the ear piece. Got it fixed but did notice that he was taking them off more and more. Yes indeed, they were to small after all. I couldn't keep them on him because they were hurting his poor little face. So I take him to another optical place, one that is closer to home than Ft. Worth optical place and we order new ones. The day before I take him to pick them up - he breaks them again! Luckly, the break was the same ear piece but in a better spot to do a little southern engineering with duct tape. It worked until we could get his new ones the next day and wha la - he is keeping them on again. Riley cannot see very well without them and was running into everything including the walls. So we will see how long these will last and that will help us decide about a back up pair.
Lots more to report and pics to come in later posts.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

1 comment:
Amy,
I am glad to see the boys are doing so well. I can't believe they are 2. I know you must have missed them on your trip, but I also remember how much you love San Antonio.
I hope all continues to go well for you and your family.
Katrina
Post a Comment