No folks, it is not really a cockroach but it sure crawls like one. And with whom do you think I am referring to? Well, it's Carter!!! Yes we are officially crawling on all fours and it is so cute. On Jan 10th he decided that he wanted a toy that Riley had so he decided to crawl over to it and take it away from him.
I can't express my joy enough that Carter has now the drive, the want to and inquisitive nature to want to explore the toys and figure out how to get to them. And to even top that, this weekend he now wants to try to pull up on everything! I guess he sees Riley doing all this cool stuff and he wants to do it too.
We did have our 18 month check up earlier this month and Carter weighs 20 lbs 8 oz and is over 30 inches long. Riley is 19 lbs and is 29 inches long. We are so please with their progress and can't wait for more.
I know many of you wonder, why are they just now doing this or that when most babies younger than ours already farther ahead. Well, being a micropreemie does have its disadvantages and we have known from the beginning that they would be behind for a while. You can only do so much in a given day and I do many daily therapies with them shown to me by their therapists.
Anyhoo - we are so happy and i hope to soon be reporting about riley and his ability to walk by himself - we are close - just one sandwich short of a picnic.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

2 comments:
Yeah!! I want to see pictures!
so happy for you!!! Carter is crawling!!!
Post a Comment